Republic Services Accounts Payable Processor in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 28641BR
Job Title: Accounts Payable Processor
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Accounts Payable Processor is primarily responsible for the receipt, review, and classification of accounts payables transactions to ensure efficient and timely processing. This may include reviewing data, determining the accuracy of the information, researching discrepancies where apparent, interfacing with internal departments and vendors/suppliers to reach resolution, and obtaining proper approvals.
• Organizes and prioritizes daily tasks to ensure they are addressed with the appropriate level of urgency.
• Processes a high volume of invoices and expense reports and prepares the bank deposit while following standard operating accounts payable procedures on a daily basis. Maintains a pre-established level of monthly invoice productivity in accordance with department goals.
• Partners with internal corporate departments and field divisions to address and resolve issues in a collaborative and timely manner.
• Researches and reconciles accounts with vendors in a professional and courteous manner to resolve issues, which may also include reconciling the daily and weekly banking transactions.
• May assist in maintaining purchase order systems and performing the necessary tasks to match purchase orders to receiving and invoicing documents to properly reconcile and resolve any variances. • Assist in the decisions making process for Positive Pay banking exceptions.
• May process all field and corporate requests for Stop Payments, Voids and Escheats.
• May track, research, and deposit checks received from vendors and other sources.
• May process daily manual check requests and one-time vendor payments, as needed.
• May be responsible for researching payment gaps and collecting missing invoicing through analysis of monthly reporting.
• Assists others to facilitate effective work flow, as needed, including answering questions and providing training and support on accounts payable processes and procedures.
• Participates with cross-functional groups to address opportunities for improvements, making recommendations to implement more effective and efficient process and procedures.
• May serve in a backup capacity to the Accounts Payable Coordinator, as needed.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of accounts payable or related experience.
• Minimum of 1 year of high volume data entry.
• Associate’s degree in Accounting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Multi-company accounts payable processing experience.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• General knowledge and understanding of accounts payable transactions and processes.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers.
• MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
• Strong data entry skills (10,000 keystrokes per hour).
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to deal effectively, professionally and courteously with others.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels, both internally and externally.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate procedures and work processes and to exercise appropriate judgment in establishing priorities and work methods.
• Ability to research and reconcile accounts and work with vendors to resolve issues.
• Ability to understand and apply basic accounting principles relating to accounts payable.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.