Republic Services Billing Coordinator in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 27868BR
Job Title: Billing Coordinator
Division: 2008: National Accounts
Location: 04223: Phoenix - 20830 N Tatum Blvd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Billing Coordinator position processes and maintains accounts receivable records, including cash receipts, claims and overdue invoices. In addition, the Billing Coordinator responds to customer issues and works to resolve them in a manner that meets department customer service standards.
• Processes and maintains a workload of approximately $400K in monthly revenue.
• Reviews and ensures accuracy of customer billing and invoices. Sends out bills in a timely manner.
• Processes A/R adjustments for customer accounts.
• Maintains a clean aging for customer’s related accounts in the Accounts Receivable system.
• Performs account reconciliations.
• Works with the Cash and Collections team regarding any billing issues identified by customers.
• Assists field personnel in reconciling past due balances for any centrally billed customers.
• Processes account setups, changes, closures, etc. for assigned workload.
• Prepares account statements; processes refunds.
• Creates and maintains tickets in the Aldon tracking system.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance or similar field of study.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Experience in a high volume, customer facing account related role.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficiency with MS Excel.
• High-level attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in written format in a professional manner with customers.
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks on time.
• Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, and be a team player.
• Proficient in 10-Key operation by touch and data entry.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.