Republic Services Community Engagement Program Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 29495BR
Job Title: Community Engagement Program Manager
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Community Engagement Programs Manager will be responsible for setting vision, creating and executing plans, and continuing to reinvent and evolve cause-related programs for Republic Services. Utilizing their passion for corporate citizenship efforts and business acumen, this position will work to integrate corporate citizenship directly into the Company’s business model.
• Develops and implements across all 240 markets the Company’s community and civic responsibility programs, including the Company’s signature community affairs program, the National Neighborhood Promise.
• Leads the effort to build the National Neighborhood Promise (neighborhood revitalization) into a nationally recognized cause-program in the U.S.
• Works in creative partnership with Republic’s business units and corporate leaders to strategically embed corporate citizenship into the brand and business operations.
• Provides quarterly reporting on the impact of the Company’s charitable efforts.
• Develops and implements Company’s yearly employee giving campaign to facilitate increased fundraising in local Republic communities.
• Launches and maintains the Company’s charitable giving software program, assisting Republic’s 31,000 employees with volunteer and giving opportunities.
• Implements internal awareness programs of the Company’s charitable programs and initiatives.
• Assists in the oversight and management of the Company’s Foundation, the Republic Services Charitable Foundation.
• In times of national disasters, serves as the primary advocate for raising awareness and funds (both internally and externally) to serve the impacted communities and Republic employees.
• Identifies and integrates internal and external best practices into the organization in all aspects of community relations to ensure best-in-class recognition.
• Works with fellow Communications Department team members to ensure proper publicity of community efforts.
• Travels domestically up to 30% of the time, sometimes on short notice.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as community affairs, marketing, public relations, government relations or a related field.
• Minimum of 10 years of prior professional experience implementing corporate citizenship at a national, regional or local level. (Required).
• Experience building and growing a nationally recognized cause-related marketing or branding program. (Required).
• Substantive knowledge, expertise and experience working and partnering with the non-profit and government sectors. (Required).
• Previous demonstrated work experience in functional areas such as community affairs/relations, public affairs, marketing, corporate communications, business administration, or related fields.
• Ability to balance company business needs with charitable responsibilities and obligations, with demonstrated experience building relationships with and influencing internal and external stakeholders at the highest corporate levels.
• Ability to operate effectively in a highly creative, fast-paced, brand-driven environment.
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate the needs of the business and develop creative solutions.
• Strong motivational skills with a drive to make things happen.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and pay attention to the important details.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.