Republic Services Corporate Recruiter in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 28802BR
Job Title: Corporate Recruiter
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Under the supervision of the VP, Talent Acquisition, as a Corporate Recruiter you will be responsible for all aspects of recruiting success at our corporate office, in Phoenix Arizona. In this role, you will be responsible for developing new, creative recruiting ideas employing traditional and new sourcing strategies, and utilizing approved venues to identify and recruit appropriate candidates to fill positions at all levels of the corporate office. As a Corporate Recruiter, you will play a critical role in ensuring our success by attracting and selecting the best possible talent.
About Republic Services
Republic Services, is a Fortune 300 company headquartered in Phoenix Arizona and is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14 million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers.
Each day, Republic empowers more than 33,000 exceptional employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices; community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its business operations.
Republic strives to be an employer of choice for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve customers and preserve the planet.
The corporate office Talent Acquisition team includes Randy our VP of Talent Acquisition and Dawn and Jennifer who will be your Corporate Recruiting colleagues. Combined they have over 30 years of corporate recruiting experience. You will also work periodically with other team members some located in Phoenix and others across the country who focus on finding great talent for our open field positions. As a team we are always looking for ways to be more effective attracting and selecting the best talent possible.
As a recruiting professional, you know how important it is to offer competitive compensation. You will find a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and will be eligible for a yearly bonus based on a few key recruiting metrics.
You can expect a great benefits package including the following:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage.
• Dental plans with dental maintenance alternatives.
• Vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
While you may want to focus on being the best recruiter you can be, working with a Fortune 300 company headquartered in Phoenix means that there are many potential future opportunities. We have promoted many within the Talent Acquisition team to both higher level recruiting roles and positions within our operation.
• Working with the hiring manager, develops and executes the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for corporate office positions; conducts regular follow up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
• Establishes networks through industry contacts, university relations, association memberships, trade groups, and military affiliations to maximize recruitment resources and opportunities for the company.
• Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting; implements and manages initiatives to develop pools of qualified candidates for high turnover positions in advance of need.
• Utilizes the internet, where appropriate for recruitment, posts positions to appropriate sources; utilizes social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
• Coordinates and implements university, local schools and other appropriate venue recruiting initiatives to fill corporate office positions.
• Coordinates full cycle recruiting for open positions, including assisting managers with the identification of viable candidates, interviewing, and selection.
• Attends career and military recruitment fairs, develops working relationship with local universities, schools and other sources for candidates.
• Gives presentations at local universities and schools and attends student group meetings to increase awareness of the Company before and after career fairs.
• Manages the use of recruiters and external search firms for certain positions with appropriate approval.
• Complies with all Company policies, procedures and guidelines, including those related to sourcing, recruiting and selection.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• A Bachelor's degree. .
• Corporate Recruiting experience with an organization subject to OFCCP compliance requirements for federal contractors and specifically those related to sourcing and recruitment activities.
• Substantial experience supporting client groups in a Fortune 500 corporate environment.
• Any appropriate recruiting certifications
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
• A minimum of three years of recruiting experience.
• At least three years of experience with, and up to date knowledge of, sourcing/recruiting through a third-party provided applicant tracking system.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
• Excellent organizational management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the management team.
• Highly effective interpersonal skills across all levels of the Company.
• Ability to evaluate, interpret and quickly respond to business needs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong PC skills as demonstrated by advanced PC skills with business and communication software (Word Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Strong ethics and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,