Republic Services Customer Service Consultant - North Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona
Customer Service Consultant - North Phoenix
2008: National Accounts
With general direction and an in-depth knowledge of Company services and processes, the Customer Service Consultant III is responsible for researching and resolving customer issues that are commonly complex in nature.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Customer Service Specialist (II) in Republic’s National Accounts Customer Service. • Minimum of 2 years of experience with Republic Services in a Customer Service environment. • An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree. • Knowledge of the waste management industry. • Experience using bilingual skills in a business environment.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04223: Phoenix - 20830 N Tatum Blvd
• With a high level of customer service empathy, professionalism and respect, this position provides a second tier of support, responding to escalated customer service calls in a timely and accurate manner. • Responds to inbound call or email requests and initiates outbound calls to resolve complex issues including escalated customer issues and unresolved customer accounts that require additional research. • Serves as a primary resource for others on customer issues, facilitating timely and accurate exchange of information. • Effectively responds to customer escalations including, but not limited to, service changes, contract billing and equipment issues. Issues may require cross-functional assistance to investigate and resolve matters. • Returns all internal/external calls, emails, and faxes in a timely manner, ensuring that customers’ concerns are understood and resolution is clearly explained. • Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner. • Enters service and route data into computer for billing and route scheduling purposes. • Exemplifies high levels of quality, productivity and efficiency in a manner consistent with continuous quality improvement. • Reviews and may develop ad hoc reports that address cross-functional business improvement opportunities. • May assist with developing action plans with Customer Service Management to resolve issues and build effective processes. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or G.E.D. • Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience providing service in a high volume customer service environment. • Experience working in a team environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong research, investigation and problem resolution skills. • Able to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, including researching and providing solutions. • Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. • Ability to remain focused during situations in which customers may be frustrated. • Good typing and data entry skills. • Proficient reading and math skills. • Strong work ethic.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).