Republic Services Director Strategy & Transformation in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 28714BR
Job Title: Director Strategy & Transformation
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Director, Strategy & Transformation works with various functional leaders to drive execution of strategic initiatives across the organization. The Director, Strategy & Transformation also supports strategy development and oversees the successful design and implementation of a portfolio of strategic programs.
The Director, Strategy & Transformation’s key areas of focus will include corporate strategy analysis and planning, change management, performance improvement, and project management. This will include:
• Working closely with the Company’s functional leaders, including Customer Development, Sales and Customer Experience, Business Development, Operations, Human Resources, Finance and Legal, to help find solutions to their toughest issues and design “best in class” programs for implementation across the organization.
• Leading critical initiatives requiring significant strategic and analytical support to frame key issues, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses, and test potential solutions prior to designing broader implementation plans.
• Providing support to the annual strategy review process as well as for quarterly Board meetings, Executive Council meetings, and other large training and communication events.
• Coordinating with the Business Transformation Office to ensure appropriate management and execution against defined metrics and milestones for key strategic initiatives.
• Leads the development of strategic initiatives including defining and getting alignment on the problem statement, structuring the approach, generating hypotheses, conducting key analyses, communicating results, and designing and implementing the corresponding solutions.
• Develops fact-based recommendations and presents them to senior management to enable critical decisions.
• Performs strategic analyses, including but not limited to market analysis, competitive intelligence, profitability analysis, financial modeling, and business case development.
• Works with key functional leaders to support initiatives through implementation, including tracking progress, designing and monitoring key metrics, tracking performance against milestones, and providing change management guidance.
• Supports the CEO, Chief Transformation Officer, and VP, Business Transformation in the annual strategy development process.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, or other similar, relevant disciplines.
• MBA or relevant advanced degree.
• Top tier strategy consulting experience.
• Experience in waste, recycling, transportation, or other heavy industrial environments.
• Experience managing process improvement initiatives, including familiarity with common methodologies (i.e., Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
• Strong command of change management issues and methodologies.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• A strong value system with impeccable integrity.
• Proven leadership ability with high energy and enthusiasm to inspire and motivate others.
• Ability to lead change while achieving business goals and objectives.
• Hands-on, results-oriented and pragmatic.
• Creative, flexible, strategic thinker, able to work in a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic work environment.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt to differing audiences.
• Excellent listening skills with a strong ability to build cross-functional relationships.
• Exceptional financial management skills, with an ability to anticipate potential issues and propose mitigation plans.
• Passion for learning.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,