Republic Services Director, Wastewater,Treatment & Construction Management in Phoenix, Arizona
Director, Wastewater,Treatment & Construction Management
2000: Republic Services, Inc.
The Director, Wastewater Treatment and Construction Management is responsible for establishing, developing and imple¬menting the policies, procedures and systems relating to the Company’s handling, disposal, and treatment of landfill liquids as a result of operations of all our facilities.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
• Assists with establishing policy, procedures, training and guidance on engineering and environmental compliance and is responsible for implementing programs to the field in connection landfill liquids handling, treatment and disposal.
• Provides leadership and technical support in permitting, design and construction of leachate treatment facilities, as well as due diligence during acquisition for waste management assets.
• Uses process engineering tools such as flow and mass balances to trouble shoot and develop action plans to improve performance of leachate treatment facilities to ensure compliance with discharge permits.
• Directs development initiatives leachate and groundwater treatment technology to improve operational efficiency and enhance environmentally sound solutions.
• Confers with local and state regulatory agencies to address and help resolve national/local environmental quality standards, industrial practices, and new developments in wastewater treatment.
• Keeps abreast of pending regulatory development through reference sources. Obtains insights on legislative agendas at both the Federal and State levels (focus is on the state level).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelors of Science Degree, including Engineering, Environmental Management, Biology, Chemistry or similar area of study (required).
• Minimum of 8 years of industrial wastewater treatment design and operations (required).