Republic Services GIS Technician in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 28178BR
Job Title: GIS Technician
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician focuses primarily on fulfilling field and corporate-wide requests for mapping, data and cartographic products through the utilization of GIS software and other resources. The GIS Technician must create, organize and analyze the data to be displayed on applicable maps and disseminate an accurate map or cartographic product to the field. The GIS Technician supports the management team and the GIS analysts in the Operations Support department in their efforts to increase routing efficiencies, revenue and profit opportunities as well as to report upon historical performance.
• Performs desktop audits of existing contract work and provides data and mapping support for the Desktop Marketing Program.
• Uses Mapinfo, Google Earth, Microsoft MapPoint and other mapping software to create and print maps for use throughout the Company.
• Creates and maintains data files and maps used for market area development, service area boundaries and market analysis purposes.
• Maintains data used to create and update Regional and Division maps.
• Supports routing efforts throughout the Company and the needs of corporate and field users of routing technology and data.
• Performs data cleansing and restructuring to manage the linkage of information and data portability
• Performs quality control checks of GIS data to ensure data integrity.
• Collects data through interaction with municipal and 3rd party vendors.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Geography/GIS or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of GIS work experience.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1year of experience performing mapping/cartography.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to create, manage, and convert geo-databases and coverages into other formats.
• Ability to perform spatial analysis through basic SQL and spatial queries.;
• Ability to perform quality control checks of GIS data
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel as demonstrated by the ability to write formulas, build macros, enter data and open/import data in various formats.
• Ability to use Geographic Information Systems and applications including but not limited to MapInfo, Google Earth, Microsoft MapPoint and ArcView
• Ability to use MS Office including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to import data, write simple queries, and develop reports and forms.
• Ability to manage projects from planning to completion.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and communicate ideas and issues clearly.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.