Republic Services GM Accelerated Training Program for MBAs in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 26778BR
Job Title: GM Accelerated Training Program for MBAs
Division: 0000: Republic Services Open
Location: 00000: Republic Services - Several Locations
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Accelerated GM Program is a full time 2-year development program that provides on the job training and formal learning through a structured sequence of tasks and rotations through key roles within the Company. You will learn the fundamentals of the business; sharpen your leadership skills in a fast-paced environment; and establish close working relationships with executives, managers, employees and customers. The strong operational, networking and leadership skills developed will enable you to grow your career and is designed to prepare you for a position as a General Manager in one of the most stable industries in the U.S.
• Learn and practice how to develop and lead a team
• Learn and practice how to manage a growing infrastructure through differentiation
• Gain valuable experience in different locations throughout the U.S.
• Gain high visibility to senior leadership
• Receive continuous mentorship and support
• Follow a clear and structured path to career growth
• Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
• Reach your leadership goals in a structured time frame (approximately 2 years)
Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment and your world.
• Demonstrates a commitment to safety and compliance.
• Works with other managers to plan and direct the work of the organization.
• Receives instruction in subjects related to the rotational experience.
• Attends trainings, watches guest speakers, and creates projects and/or oral presentations.
• Works in different departments, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, Operations, or Human Resources, to gain perspective.
• Adheres to guidelines of the formal training program.
• Participates in periodic evaluations.
• Participates with management in interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
• Uses Company systems to analyze sales, gross profit and inventory activity.
• Works with management to develop and implement actions that protect Company assets and profitability.
• Learns and demonstrates the leadership characteristics that support the Republic Way.
• Works in key positions for specific amounts of time to learn the business (e.g., Sales, Operations, and Finance).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• An MBA with a minimum 3.0 GPA. (Required.)
• Prior leadership experience. (Required.)
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong organizational, prioritizing, and multitasking skills.
• Proven ability to make good decisions in a fast moving environment.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Basic understanding of business finance, controls, and metrics.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.