Republic Services Human Resources Operations Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 27737BR
Job Title: Human Resources Operations Manager
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Manager, HR Operations is responsible for working with all relevant stakeholders to recommend, manage, evaluate and monitor human resources processes that support the Company’s business goals, as well as to identify and resolve gaps with existing HR processes, in a way that enhances a culture of inclusivity and commitment to the Company’s People priority.
• Assesses, makes recommendations, develops, implements and supports human resources processes, or components of HR processes, related to areas such as employee engagement, retention, and policy standardization.
• Gathers information from relevant stakeholders inside and outside the Human Resources department to understand and provide input regarding the HR requirements and support associated with business projects and initiatives.
• Coordinates with functional experts within the HR organization to ensure efficient and effective collaboration to effectively support the HR aspects of business initiatives.
• Provides tactical support to drive the People aspects of cross-functional projects and initiatives.
• Reviews and analyzes data to evaluate the effectiveness of existing HR processes and recommends improvements or actions as appropriate.
• Manages moderately complex projects such as conducting project planning sessions to understand objectives and facilitate the scoping, objectives and planning efforts.
• Facilitates and assists in proper articulation and communication of accurate expectations of HR project status.
• Disseminates, provides guidance, and monitors compliance with specific HR policies and processes.
• Documents best practice HR processes to help drive standardization across the Company.
• Drafts and updates HR policies as needed to support creation of the One Republic Way.
• Partners with other team members to collaborate and assist with processes in their areas of responsibility.
• Ensures that HR processes and practices comply with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• PHR or SPHR certification.
• Prior work experience driving standardization or consistent practices across an organization, department or division.
• Prior work experience in a geographically dispersed, decentralized organization.
• Six Sigma or other process improvement experience or certification.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional human resources experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
• Ability to interpret, evaluate and quickly respond to business needs.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, analyze data, and complete projects and assignments with minimal supervision.
• Ability to establish credibility with numerous constituents and be seen as a thought leader.
• Strong ethics and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Office Suite software including Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
• Effectively influences without authority and leads change by building trust and credibility.
• Process and results oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
• Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
• Ability to plan, monitor and implement projects using timely and cost effective methods.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.