Republic Services Internal Auditor in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 26503BR
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Internal Auditor is responsible for planning, performing and reporting auditing activities in various business units of the Company. The Internal Auditor performs auditing activities and audits that are designed to examine and evaluate the adequacy of the Company’s internal control structure with regards to the accuracy and completeness of reporting and adherence to Company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Performs defined audit procedures to test internal controls and compliance with Company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Provides feedback and input during the planning phase of an audit on the scope of Internal Audit testing based upon an understanding of business and accounting processes, the specific and changing needs of the area to be audited, and the risks and business practices of the Company.
• Coordinates audit activity and actively communicates status and results to the audit team, the Internal Audit project manager and the Internal Audit functional managers.
• Clearly and concisely documents audit test procedures and results.
• Identifies, assesses and reports on exceptions to compliance with Company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines and weaknesses in internal controls.
• Discusses audit results with management in both written and verbal formats and recommends corrective actions.
• Develops ongoing positive relationships with business units, corporate management and audit team members.
• Assists with the training and development of internal audit staff.
• Travel by air, car or other modes of transportation may be required up to 40% of the time.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or related field (required).
• Minimum of 2 years of public accounting or corporate industry experience.
• Relevant certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Project Management Professional (PMP).
• Public Accounting experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.