Republic Services Operations Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 27679BR
Job Title: Operations Specialist
Division: 2008: National Accounts
Location: 04223: Phoenix - 20830 N Tatum Blvd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Operations Specialist provides key implementation support, by initiating the services to be performed by either Republic Services or its Third Party Partner as prescribed in a Client Contract Exhibit. Key responsibilities include understanding customer requirements, identifying qualified vendors, cancelling of incumbent hauler services, initiating services that best meet customer needs and assisting customers as needed for all service requests.
• Reviews Working Exhibit (list of service sites to be implemented) to ensure that it clearly defines all service requirements.
• Assesses potential service issues and offers options and recommendations to Implementation Project Managers.
• Modifies Working Exhibit to determine service sites that will be serviced by the Company versus 3rd Party Vendors.
• Reviews vendor data to ensure that all information is complete and updates Working Exhibit and other data management tools.
• Uses standard templates and forms to create written communications that request and confirm information on service and pricing and terminates service on client’s behalf.
• Confirms with 3rd party vendors that requested services are provided as scheduled.
• Tracks the status of new service awards and expedites actions to avoid or minimize service disruptions during the implementation process. This includes securing alternate suppliers in the event original awardees are unable to perform the services and escalating where necessary. Assists both internal and external customers with periodic issues.
• On occasion, negotiates rates for required services within acceptable department procedures and decision parameters.
• Assists with customer service requests and cases as assigned by supervisor.
• Performs other administrative tasks and functions as required to support department processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience in a fast paced environment. (Required)
• Experience utilizing Access and Excel on a regular basis. (Required)
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
• Experience with National Account systems.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in an accounting or procurement environment.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.