Republic Services Property Tax Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 27540BR
Job Title: Property Tax Specialist
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Property Tax Specialist is responsible for property tax bill collection, reconciliation and payment. The Property Tax Specialist assists with property tax compliance, assessment reconciliation, audits and appeals. The Property Tax Specialist also assists with recording and reconciling the monthly accrual of the property tax liability. In addition, the Property Tax Specialist assists with any other tax support projects.
• Receives, reconciles, codes, and processes all property tax bills.
• Reconciles invoices with checks requests and mails in a timely manner.
• Scans, files electronically, and posts invoices to the Company intranet.
• Gathers and distributes property tax assessments.
• Assists with property tax rendition compliance and assessment reconciliations.
• Assists with any audits and appeals of personal or real property tax.
• Assists with recording into the general ledger the monthly property tax accruals as well as reconciling the balance sheet accounts for real and personal property.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a large corporate or public property tax, accounts payable, or other closely related department (required).
• Understanding of GAAP as normally obtained through the completion of undergraduate coursework in accounting, finance or related field or commensurate experience.
• Experience with property tax software, preferable Property Tax Made Simple (PTMS).
• Experience with tax research software, preferable RIA or CCH.
• Experience with unclaimed property software, preferably TRACKER
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.