Republic Services Senior Manager - National Accounts Operations in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 29351BR
Job Title: Senior Manager - National Accounts Operations
Division: 2008: National Accounts
Location: 04223: Phoenix - 20830 N Tatum Blvd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
With minimal direction from leadership and with a significant organizational impact, this role strategically develops processes and procedures to improve National Accounts implementation and on boarding operations activities to meet the business, timing, contractual compliance, and service (on boarding and on-going) demands of the company’s largest regional and nationwide customers while also ensuring operational leadership of project activity among all internal and third party service providers. This position also provides leadership and oversight for implementation of policies, processes and procedures that align with our field operations and our third party haulers including creating and utilizing Best Practices to support cost out initiatives and revenue growth on behalf of our customers and Republic Services.
• On a regular basis, works closely with senior level personnel within the operations and sales organizations for National Account’s customers, National Account leadership, and regional, area and business unit field leaders to identify, develop, and implement best practices for customer on boarding, implementations and other project specific needs while also identifying process improvement opportunities.
• Builds effective working relationships across corporate and field leadership to further objectives. Partners effectively and communicates openly with all internal and third party service providers/leadership to promote and support smooth functional operational activities and initiatives.
• Works closely with senior level Operations and Sales groups to develop and implement best practices for customer complaint resolution and identifies process improvement opportunities to improve customer service culture for all internal and external leadership.
• Creates and cultivates change efforts within National Account leadership and all internal and external service delivery providers/leaders and motivates employees regarding their roles in providing superior operations service to the organizations largest customers.
• Provides strategic leadership, and strategic direction to the National Account leadership around customer operations (implementation, on boarding and project work) in the field while working directly with senior level customer contacts.
• Leads and manages an implementation team of supervisors, professionals and associated staff. This includes responsibility for hiring, training, mentoring, leading, developing, managing performance and other personnel related activities.
• Assumes ownership and ensures the smooth transition of the client’s business to the Company’s services. This includes managing a seamless transition that delivers cost saving and service improvements as anticipated.
• Manages and oversees the implementation and continuous improvement of standardized processes and systems that improve effectiveness and efficiency of the implementation process. Additionally, pursues technology solutions aimed at capacity creation, quality control assurance, and improved productivity changes.
• Facilitates effective collaboration and execution by multiple stakeholders including third party alliances, customer interactions, internal departments / peers and multiple internal divisions across the U.S.
• Handles and oversees administrative matters concerning the department/team including preparing and supporting the budget process and setting department goals aligned with division targets/goals.
• Directly monitors, assesses and controls the department’s financial and operational performance and takes action to redirect activities as appropriate. Reports on the department’s performance for leadership’s review.
• Leads staff meetings with supervisors and representatives to maintain a high and visible presence with the teams, open lines of communication, and relays short and long-term goals. Additionally, relays the department’s quality standards, operational processes, policies, procedures and review mechanisms. This also includes briefing the SVP, VP and Sales Directors of all key activities regarding operations execution.
• Works cross-functionally with other departments to address customer or business issues and resolve errors and/or issues in a timely manner. Serves as an example to the department for collaboration, operational excellence and a consistent customer focus.
• Limited travel is required.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible, successful experience in operations management. (Required)
• Minimum of 4 years of experience managing a team comprised of various roles with assigned business targets/goals and financial objectives. (Required)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with the Customer Service functions of the accounting processes (A/P, A/R., and Billing). (Required)
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible, successful experience in operations management.
• At least 4 years of experience working with the Customer Service functions of the accounting processes (A/P, A/R., and Billing).
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of the waste management industry.
• Prior experience involving extensive use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.