Republic Services Sourcing Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 28534BR
Job Title: Sourcing Manager
Division: 2008: National Accounts
Location: 04223: Phoenix - 20830 N Tatum Blvd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
With general direction from senior procurement and supply chain leadership and with a focus on one or more small to moderate-sized business segments, the Sourcing Manager manages and oversees strategic procurement operations, and related processes and procedures to maximize business opportunities. The Sourcing Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supporting tactical supplier management objectives, rationalizing the supply base, leveraging spend, reducing rates and participating in the on-going transformation of procure-to-pay processes.
• Provides direction to others, with the participation of senior procurement leadership, in the training, evaluating and mentoring of others, as well as other tasks, as applicable, and may also make recommendations to take corrective action to manage performance, as appropriate.
• Utilizes e-sourcing tools, researches and develops sources of supply for assigned commodities and facilitates Request for Proposal processes as set forth by senior leadership.
• Evaluates bid responses and recommends bids of acceptable quality, cost saving and payment terms for final approval, and awards contracts upon approval.
• Serves as a single point of contact for assigned supply base. This may include acting as an escalation point for suppliers to interface with cross-functional departments on payment issues.
• Maintains continual contact with end users for assigned spend categories to compare local purchase agreements and leverage terms and conditions for national agreements.
• Monitors and manages to relevant metrics including spend analytics, procure-to-pay processes, operational efficiencies, supplier performance and benefits capture of major subcontractors.
• Maintains open communications between procurement and operations, and coordinates with other departments to determine the need and schedule for assigned commodities.
• Participates in the development and implementation of "other" category specific, cost reduction initiatives (e.g. minimize service issues, extend payment terms, etc.).
• Leads process standardization and process efficiencies to ensure policy/requirements are met through e-Procurement tool (e.g., online categories, etc.).
• Manages key suppliers to ensure that they meet their contractual obligations, and to ensure effective controls are in place to maintain the commercial integrity of each contract through close-out.
• As defined by senior procurement leadership, facilitates the execution of defined procurement strategies, including driving alignment and compliance with all corporate sourcing initiatives.
• Participates in the development and implementation of effective supplier performance management initiatives to ensure continuous improvement.
• Role may require travel domestically up to 25% on short notice.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Purchasing/Supply Management, Finance, or Engineering, and/or Master’s in Business Administration (MBA).
• Professional certification in supply chain.
• Continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma experience.
• Experience negotiating large supplier contracts for spend categories such as temporary labor or telecom.
• Minimum of 1 year experience leading or providing direction to others.
• Experience negotiating contracts involving multiple sector spend categories.
• Minimum of 5 years of supply chain experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong customer service orientation and skills.
• Strong research, analytical, business process analysis and problem solving skills with an internal customer focus.
• The ability and skill to manage projects and maintain the momentum of procurement activities.
• Excellent negotiation skills, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to communicate effectively and professionally across various levels of the organization and with key external customers and suppliers.
• Strong networking capabilities and skills at working moderately complex issues.
• The ability to overcome obstacles and adapt approach to achieve outstanding results.
• The ability to recognize and consider inter-dependencies between customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
• Effective supplier management skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with the supplier executive management.
• Ability to travel domestically up to 25% on short notice and as necessary to facilitate collaboration and leverage opportunities.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.