Republic Services Landfill Laborer in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition ID: 27557BR
Job Title: Landfill Laborer
Division: 5119: Tessman Road Landfill
Location: 48254: San Antonio-7000 Ih 10 E
City: San Antonio
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
A General Laborer is responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties at a hauling company, transfer station, materials recycling facility (MRF) or landfill. Responsibilities may include such things as yard clean-up, fueling vehicles and equipment, general vehicle operation, general office maintenance and other related duties.
• Safely and efficiently perform assigned responsibilities to include such duties as:
o Clean up work areas;
o Fuel vehicles and equipment;
o Clean track on track type and related equipment;
o Perform yard work, including mowing and paper pick up;
o Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as water trucks, pick up trucks, sweepers, mowers, trimming equipment, etc.;
o Perform general office maintenance and repairs, including painting and janitorial work;
o Install temporary wind fences, as required;
o Direct traffic at the site as necessary; and
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.