Republic Services Area Dir Municipal Svcs in San Pablo, California
Requisition ID: 26960BR
Job Title: Area Dir Municipal Svcs
Division: 3866: West Area CC
Location: 06007: San Pablo-3260 Blume Dr
City: San Pablo
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Area Director, Municipal Services provides expert level leadership, strategic guidance, support and expertise to Area Presidents and General Managers. The Area Director, Municipal Services assists in setting goals and identifying targeted accounts for each Division Municipal Services Manager and measures success against those goals. The Area Director, Municipal Services works closely with the sales function in an Area that is largely franchised with very little open market sales opportunities. The Area Director, Municipal Services is responsible for coordinating all government relations and municipal sales-related activities within the Area to improve and maintain relationships, as well as organization consistency and comprehensiveness of related policies, programs and systems.
• Supports Area Presidents and General Managers and is responsible for the preparation and implementation of Area municipal marketing and sales plans including:
o Measuring current market share, identifying the target market and creating strategies to increase market share;
o Assessing the external environment including municipalities, competitors and legislation;
o Coaching and developing the Division Municipal Services Manager, which includes hiring, training, performance management and other related issues.
o Directly responsible for identifying the targeted privatization opportunities while creating strategies to convert prospects into customers.
o Nurturing and expanding relationships with the top 10 accounts in the respective Areas of responsibility.
• Works closely with Area and Corporate leadership to determine strategic objectives for the Area in relation to the municipal and homeowner association markets to include customer retention, customer prospecting and price increase strategies.
• Responsible for assisting in the RFP and Proposal Development to include preparing, assembling, packaging
and delivering all proposals.
• Participates as needed in contract negotiations for all new and re-bid sales for the Area. Regularly holds Blue Sheet sessions to effectively manage new sales opportunities and re-bid targets.
• Develops and maintains positive community relations/image through involvement in civic and trade organizations, elected officials and other key contacts.
• Responsible for new sales and retention, analyzing trends and providing effective feedback to Area President.
• Responsible for populating and maintaining the Contact Relationship Management System (CRMS2) on an on-going basis. Reviews CRMS2 compliance with their direct reports to insure the system data is up to date. Uses reports derived from CRMS2 to provide coaching and input to the Division Municipal Services Managers.
• Completes and submits monthly Municipal Scorecard information on wins/losses/retention/extension activity.
• Effectively communicates company objectives, goals, plans & relates concerns on legislation and maintains relationships with government officials. Participates in local National Solid Wastes Management Association (NSWMA) and Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) organizations on a regular basis in their assigned territory.
• Creates and maintains effective reporting systems and communication to and with senior management. Safeguards confidential information.
• May seek out and coordinate development of new solid waste infrastructure projects and manages projects through the development cycle and conclusion, working in coordination with Business Development.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 80% of the time.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 7 years of long-term cycle sales and/or sales management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
• Municipal and/or government sales and marketing or government relation’s experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.