Republic Services Transportation Operations Dispatcher in Sandusky, Ohio
Requisition ID: 29629BR
Job Title: Transportation Operations Dispatcher
Division: 4263: AWS - Sandusky
Location: 39221: Sandusky-4005 Tiffin Ave
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
A Dispatcher responsible for the coordination of the utilization of drivers, trucks and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all customers.
• Create and maximize capacity by ensuring productive use of all assets, equipment and drivers.
• Ensure maximum productivity by achieving or exceeding Company-established goals by successfully routing vehicles.
• Assign loads to drivers based on designated routes and driver location.
• Prepare, update and dispense the daily route schedule.
• Gather and maintain route sheet documentation for pick-ups (scheduled, missed, extra pick ups), route completions and driver locations.
• Ensure route completion via the driver check-in process.
• Courteously interact with customers, as required.
• Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in the Company’s ReSOP program.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks.
• Experience in a customer-facing position.
• High School Diploma or GED.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.