Republic Services Maintenance Shop Lead Mechanic in Santee, California
Requisition ID: 26934BR
Job Title: Maintenance Shop Lead Mechanic
Division: 4530: Sycamore L/F
Location: 06231: Santee-8514 Mast Blvd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Shop Lead Mechanic maintains and repairs a variety of equipment, including diesel engines, heavy trucks, pumping equipment and other oil field related equipment.
• Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment, including diesel engines, transmissions, drive train components, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, sand conveyor systems, air compressors, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, mobile/overhead cranes, wellhead attachments and pressure equipment, gearboxes, PTOs, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24v electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires and wheels, forklifts, A/C systems, trailers (i.e., tankers, roll-off, flatbed, etc.), and a variety of other energy services equipment.
• Creates work orders and enters data into garage management system.
• Ensures duties are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
• Serves as a recognized expert in maintenance processes, procedures and functions.
• Trains and mentors new employees.
• Assists and directs the daily work of mechanics and other maintenance employees.
• Guides team members and ensures that they are following proper safety and work procedures.
• Leads a 10-15 minute tailgate meeting with all team members at the beginning of work shifts.
• Attends all required safety meetings and conducts all business activities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Technical school certificate
• Valid commercial driver’s license.
• Certified to perform DOT state inspections.
• Welding experience.
• Valid driver’s license
• Minimum of 3 years of experience maintaining and repairing a variety of equipment, including diesel engines, heavy trucks, pumping equipment and/or other oil field related equipment.
• Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisor experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to complete routine forms.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• Ability to define problems, establish facts and help draw valid conclusions.
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.