Republic Services Agile Coach in Scottsdale, Arizona
2023: Information Technology
The Agile Coach will work at two levels, providing expert consultation to leadership regarding best practices for Scrum adoption while working hands on with the initial Scrum teams to ensure they learn to apply Scrum effectively and are empowered to solve implementation or execution challenges. The position is responsible for designing a strategy for organization adoption of Agile from every stage of adoption including the introduction of Agile and employee education, to fostering teams and cultures that practice Agile, to sustaining Agile methodologies and continually offering strategies for improvement. It is expected that Agile Coaches will typically split their time between strategy and execution.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
• Execute the adoption of the agile methodology at the organizational level by working directly with executives, management, team members Develop and refine the agile transformation strategy for Republic Services.
• Monitor, measure, and report on project progress and agile adoption to executive leadership, management and customers.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with application and infrastructure teams as well as our outsourcing partners supporting agile adoption and strategy.
• Develop content and conduct classes, workshops and training sessions and project boot up with newly formed and existing agile teams, helping the teams in their own agile transformations.
• Provide agile coaching to teams and management with the purpose of improving the Agile adoption process.
• Manage technical projects through the SDLC process and/or an agile, iterative process.
• Understand the company’s strategic direction and apply it to the project team to drive specific outcomes and real business benefits.
• Act as Scrum Master, Agile Coach, or Proxy for Product Owner.
• Create and track against a project plan or sprint plan.
• Track agile progress using metrics and benchmarks.
• Make recommendations to teams and leadership.
• Provide examples of past experience as a way to illustrate alternatives.
• Capture feedback and continuously improve enterprise Agile guidance, training materials, and content.
• Mentor teams and leadership, work on projects independently, participate as a team member, or lead teams of consultants and/or clients to successful project delivery.
• Estimate effort at varying levels (e.g. high level, work package level) and using various techniques (e.g. cost per hour, story points).
• Proactively manage issues, mitigate risk, escalate impediments appropriately.
• Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate and address concerns.
• Become the functional and subject matter expert for the solution and act as the liaison between Product Ownership, Project Governance, and the Development/Implementation Team.
• Work with the Product Owner to define the product by identifying requirements and thinking critically about what will make it successful; write user stories that effectively communicate the Product Owner's requirements and that are easily consumed by software development teams and provide guidance on prioritization of stories.
• Prepare and deliver presentations and work products/prototypes; attend and lead meetings/ceremonies and provide project status reporting to management.
• Lead the creation and execution of test plans, verify sprint release features, assist in triaging defects for engineering and QA teams.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience leading, coaching, and developing employees in a multi-team Agile environment including project management.
• Experience leading and using SCRUM and other Agile techniques such as Kanban or Scrumban.
• Experience assessing the teams abilities and improving delivery and effectiveness through analysis, teaching, facilitation and impediment removal, at a pace that is sustainable for the team and organization.
• Knowledge of numerous patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burn down techniques, numerous retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc).
• CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) Certification.
• MBA with concentration in IT related area.
• Experience with large scale software development and IT Systems implementations including development and implementation of applications in new computing architecture environments using new and emerging technologies and work processes.