Republic Services A/P Supervisor in Scottsdale, Arizona
Requisition ID: 27650BR
Job Title: A/P Supervisor
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Accounts Payable Supervisor coordinates and supervises the daily operations of the Accounts Payable team. This includes direct oversight of the processing of Company invoices and ensuring that all information is accurate and prepared timely.
• Oversees all aspects of Accounts Payable functions including, but not limited to, processing invoices in accordance with departmental procedures and Company policies.
• Supervises the day-to-day activities including coordination and administration of assignments. Also adjusts workloads during short-term or extended staff absence, or to meet departmental deadlines.
• Monitors system interfaces and resolves related system issues.
• Operating within guidelines established by the leadership team, manages staffing levels to ensure resources are in place to meet department objectives, conducts performance reviews, and coaches and counsels employees as appropriate.
• With oversight and agreement from department leadership, hires, trains, mentors, coaches and conducts development activities for the Accounts Payable team.
• Assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring Accounts Payable systems and procedures.
• Monitors and analyzes specific accounts payable operations, such as: invoice research and follow-up; problem documentation; standardization of input; coordinate vendor contact and issue resolution.
• Studies issues related to future developments and makes recommendations to manager. On a regular basis, interacts with upper management and external customers as well as other internal customer departments to integrate solutions that meet the Company’s goals both financially and operationally.
• Designs and/or revises forms, tools, and procedures to improve efficiency.
• Performs other job-
related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. (required).
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in and accounting or finance role (required).
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisory management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
• Experience with Lawson and Ariba systems as they relate to accounts payable functions.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
• Intermediate or expert level of MS Excel knowledge.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.