Republic Services A/P Support Specialist in Scottsdale, Arizona
Requisition ID: 29494BR
Job Title: A/P Support Specialist
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Accounts Payable Support Specialist is responsible for overseeing the purchase order process from the order phase through the receiving phase, including exception handling when necessary. The Accounts Payable Support Specialist is also responsible for setting up new vendors for corporate. The Accounts Payable Support Specialist is the primary liaison between corporate employees and centralized AP processing.
• Coordinates and creates requisitions, and POs for orders for all Corporate employees.
• Understands basic accounting and ensures proper general ledger account coding for purchases.
• Negotiates payment terms and discounts with local vendors and proposes ideal options for payment method (check, ACH, PCard).
• Escalates purchasing consolidation opportunities to Procurement.
• Utilizes preferred vendors when fulfilling sourcing requests.
• Submits vendor add or change requests for corporate and ensures all proper paperwork is attached, including certificate of insurance and W9 form.
Receiving and Invoicing Exception Follow-Up
• Acts as the primary liaison between corporate departments and centralized AP processor and follows-up on outstanding escalation items.
• Researches and resolves assigned exceptions identified during the invoice reconciliation process (IR); reconciles IRs accordingly.
• Monitors and facilitates the receiving of goods or services on a daily basis and follows-up with corporate personnel in a timely manner.
• Identifies error trends, researches root cause for errors and works with others in corporate to implement preventative solutions.
Accounting and Reporting Support
• Scans and sends locally received invoices to the centralized processor when necessary.
• Runs accrual reports in ePro and make adjustments as needed. .
• Assists Corporate with month-end accrual and regularly reviews to clear issues and exceptions.
• Assists field AP Support Specialists with guidance and training, when needed.
General Management Support
• Takes responsibility to understand work assignments and takes initiative to consult management when task or assignment is unclear.
• Adheres to Company policies and procedures, including ensuring compliance with levels of authority policy.
• Serves as back up for fellow employees in the same role.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience with Ariba systems (or another electronic procure-to-pay system).
• Associate’s degree or relevant coursework completed towards a higher level related degree.
• Basic understanding of Sarbanes Oxley 404 guidelines.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of two years of related experience in an office environment that provided a general understanding of accounting and a thorough understanding of purchasing and accounts payable.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of accounts payable and purchasing functions.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment while effectively managing multiple priorities.
• Detailed oriented and organized.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Problem recognition and resolution skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.