Republic Services Application Specialist in Scottsdale, Arizona
2023: Information Technology
The Application Specialist is responsible for quickly and effectively diagnosing and resolving internal user application issues that are escalated by the Tier 1 support desk. The Application Specialist is an expert in all functional and operational aspects of at least one business software application. With knowledge of Republic’s software applications, the Application Specialist may partner with the business to provide IT support for organizational initiatives or activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, technology-related field or business-related field. • 3 years plus of experience with waste industry software, including but not limited to InfoPro, Dossier, and TRUX. • Business systems analytical experience, including the ability to flow chart processes. • Conversant with all functional and operational aspects of relevant software applications and operating procedures. • Experience with Standard Query Language (SQL).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
• Diagnoses and resolves software application issues of end users promptly and professionally. • Ensures that end users are provided with accurate and effective solutions and that end user support needs are met with a consistently high quality of service. • Engages appropriate IT and business resources to resolve technical issues and support business processes, while updating users on progress toward resolution. • May perform IT-related activities for projects to support company priorities. • Identifies and recommends system modifications to reduce user issues. • Fully documents each issue and resolution using the incident tracking system. • Keeps support desk team, peers, and management apprised of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner. • May document and provide input on processes and procedures for training IT team and end users. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to quickly learn new software and technologies. • Ability to work independently and collaboratively to resolve issues without detailed supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. • Ability to take ownership of and follow through on user issues until resolution is achieved. • Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with peers and management. • Strong relationship-building and people skills. • Ability to solve problems quickly and completely. • Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. • Ability to impart technical knowledge to non-technical end users. • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. • Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and effectively respond to changing priorities. • Competency with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. • Experience and creativity in troubleshooting software application problems. • Knowledge and understanding of relational databases. • The ability to lead large multi-step tasks that require coordination across multiple departments. • Strong technical judgment.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).