Republic Services Application Specialist in Scottsdale, Arizona
Requisition ID: 26662BR
Job Title: Application Specialist
Division: 2023: Information Technology
Location: 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Application Specialist is responsible for quickly and effectively diagnosing and resolving internal user application issues that are escalated by the Tier 1 support desk. The Application Specialist is an expert in all functional and operational aspects of at least one business software application. With knowledge of Republic’s software applications, the Application Specialist may partner with the business to provide IT support for organizational initiatives or activities.
• Diagnoses and resolves software application issues of end users promptly and professionally.
• Ensures that end users are provided with accurate and effective solutions and that end user support needs are met with a consistently high quality of service.
• Engages appropriate IT and business resources to resolve technical issues and support business processes, while updating users on progress toward resolution.
• May perform IT-related activities for projects to support company priorities.
• Identifies and recommends system modifications to reduce user issues.
• Fully documents each issue and resolution using the incident tracking system.
• Keeps support desk team, peers, and management apprised of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner.
• May document and provide input on processes and procedures for training IT team and end users.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, technology-related field or business-related field.
• 3 years plus of experience with waste industry software, including but not limited to InfoPro, Dossier, and TRUX.
• Business systems analytical experience, including the ability to flow chart processes.
• Conversant with all functional and operational aspects of relevant software applications and operating procedures.
• Experience with Standard Query Language (SQL).
• High School diploma or GED.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to quickly learn new software and technologies.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to resolve issues without detailed supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to take ownership of and follow through on user issues until resolution is achieved.
• Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with peers and management.
• Strong relationship-building and people skills.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to impart technical knowledge to non-technical end users.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and effectively respond to changing priorities.
• Competency with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience and creativity in troubleshooting software application problems.
• Knowledge and understanding of relational databases.
• The ability to lead large multi-step tasks that require coordination across multiple departments.
• Strong technical judgment.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.