Republic Services Financial Analyst, Projects in Scottsdale, Arizona
Financial Analyst, Projects
2000: Republic Services, Inc.
The Financial Analyst, Projects is responsible for assisting the Accounting Services project team with the redesign and implementation of standard business processes. This position plays a key role in gathering and analyzing data, documenting current and future state business processes, defining system requirements, and providing input on recommended changes.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
• Assists with multiple projects and priorities that require an understanding of the organization and information systems, with a focus on accounts receivable related business processes and billing systems.
• Provides support and establishes processes for tracking and measuring achievement of key goals, including participating in meetings to confirm timelines, obtaining progress updates, and developing metrics to track and measure project success.
• Participates in the gathering and documentation of current business processes, including division specific issues due to customer or regulatory requirements.
• Identifies, develops, and recommends process improvements and plays an integral role in driving standardization.
• Determines the feasibility and impact of potential business process changes, assesses the opportunities and risks, and designs task lists to implement identified process changes.
• Gathers data and conducts volume analysis to determine resource needs for redesigned processes.
• Participates in business process redesign sessions to identify optimal processes and opportunities for automation and standardization.
• Participates in system requirements and design meetings to ensure applications support the achievement of business objectives and to promote opportunities for automation that improve business process efficiency and effectiveness.
• Assists in updating and monitoring project budgets.
• Participates in the development and implementation of training initiatives to support the implementation of organizational/department projects.
• Supports the Accounting Services project team by providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree (required).
• Minimum of 2 years of financial analysis, accounting, accounts receivable or related experience (required).
• Experience in the waste or transportation industry.
• Experience with Essbase and/or Sequel Viewpoint.
• Experience with Lawson, InfoPro, and TRUX.
• Effective ability to construct clear concise project plans, to include resource assignment and leveling, assignment of task dependencies, gaant chart creation and project status reporting.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).