Republic Services Java Developer in Scottsdale, Arizona
2023: Information Technology
The Republic Services Digital Development team is creating a new Digital Platform using best in class open source development and testing tools to transform our customer’s web and mobile experience. Our platform includes cloud hosted applications, a high focus on code quality and automation, a best in class e-commerce system, and using DevOps as a competitive advantage. The Java Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of high-volume, mission critical systems that contribute to various aspects of Republic Services’ business. These enterprise systems are tightly integrated and highly interdependent. Each system can be multi-tiered and composed of object-oriented (Java based) components that are scalable, robust, extensible, and secure. This position will serve as a developer on an Agile team and will be expected to provide subject matter expertise, creating, modifying, and enforcing software coding practices, and will be accountable for system uptime and availability.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
• Prepares detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured. • Writes high quality code according to specifications. • Follows all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle. • Assists others in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding. • Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support. • Develops project plans for application software implementation activities of medium to high level of complexity. • Maintains strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services. • Supports and validates production release activities. • Creates and/or updates documentation necessary for each system • Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience • Minimum of 2 years of experience in object-oriented programming and proficiency with the following tools or languages: • Java and related components and frameworks; • Web service protocols such as Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Maven; • Application servers such as Tomcat; • Unit test frameworks such as JUnit; • Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins; and/or • Source code control tools such as Git or GitHub • Experience with Red Hat Enterprise. • Minimum of 2 years of experience working with RDBMS. • Experience writing efficient SQL. • Hands-on experience developing Java Message Services (JMS) using Java or another object orient languages • Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts by designing and developing with abstraction, loose coupling, and cohesion in mind. • Proven ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment • Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development. • Experience with Agile tools such as RallyDev
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).