Republic Services Manager IT PMO in Scottsdale, Arizona
Requisition ID: 27631BR
Job Title: Manager IT PMO
Division: 2023: Information Technology
Location: 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Manager, IT Program Management is responsible for providing managerial and analytical support to IT led projects, as guided by Information Technology, Program Management Office (PMO) standards and processes. The Manager, IT Program Management contributes to the daily IT PMO operations to ensure effective project coordination and reporting across the entire IT department. This position closely interfaces with the IT directors, managers, project managers, and analysts over the progress of the project. The scope of work includes considerably complex projects that may span enterprise wide or facilitating segments of broad and complex, strategic projects that have organization-wide impact.
• Provides leadership and oversight to a team of project managers. Provides project teams with expertise and direction, with teams consisting of a mix of both FTE and contractor staff.
• Provides input to resource plans, budget planning and tracking. Manages team(s) to achieve target scope, schedule and cost and to ensure alignment to department and corporate strategy.
• Collaborates with varying levels of indirect reports/resources and manages through influence. Uses capabilities to influence customers, stakeholders, and project managers to properly manage divergent expectations.
• Navigates within a geographically dispersed and operationally decentralized organization leveraging a working understanding of customer, local (field), shareholder, and employee priorities to achieve varying project objectives.
• Manages and partners with the Company’s external vendors and collaborates/teams with vendor resources.
• Conducts periodic reviews to monitor milestone progress; identifies potential issues with key stakeholders and keeps IT leaders apprised of project status.
• On a regular basis, assists business owners and project managers in preparing complete and comprehensive status reviews on all project activities and issues for project sponsors and IT leaders.
• Facilitates and assists in proper articulation and communication of accurate expectations of project progress, project prioritization and project delivery timelines.
• Drives engagement forum for cross-functional dependencies; leads systemic thinking with solution architects to achieve holistic IT team collaboration.
• Partners with and guides key stakeholders with the design and implementation of key performance metrics to monitor the effectiveness of continuous improvement programs during and following implementation.
• Demonstrates and leverages strong strategic, business and financial acumen.
• Provides input to build/deliver a central competency for project delivery best practices; ensures that all IT projects are in compliance with Republic’s Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project progress and financial status.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with industry standard project management methodologies for IT development (SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Lean, PMBOK or ITIL a plus) (required).
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing enterprise level and/or multi-departmental projects to completion (required).
• Master’s Degree.
• Experience working in a project management office.
• Experience delivering programs/projects for Enterprise Applications in a national firm.
• Project Management (PMP, PMI) certification or equivalent.
• Certification in leading software development Project Management Methodologies (SDLC, Waterfall, Agile)
• Extensive knowledge of project management tools such as Microsoft Project Service, SharePoint, Clarity, PPM and MS Office.
• Proficiency in partnering with business leaders to drive company strategies.
• Ability to successfully develop and implement complex processes.
• Ability to lead and work effectively with a broad cross function of financial and operational employees, external customer s and vendors in driving organization change.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.