Republic Services Salesforce Developer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Requisition ID: 29289BR
Job Title: Salesforce Developer
Division: 2023: Information Technology
Location: 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Salesforce Developer develops, configures, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software, enhancements to existing proprietary software or purchased software packages. In conjunction with functional users and IT Business Systems personnel, the Salesforce Developer assists with the design and documentation of the Company’s application software environment, and is responsible for contributing to application development projects of medium to high complexity.
• Conceptualizes, prepares and creates detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured.
• Writes, tests, analyzes, and implements high quality code according to specifications.
• Complies with all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Assists others in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding and makes recommendations pertaining to system design and solutions.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Contributes to project plans for application software implementation activities of medium level of complexity and may coordinate and oversee the implementation.
• Maintains and builds strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
• Follows Salesforce.com’s best practices and guidelines in implementing solutions
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field of study.
• Salesforce.com Developer Certifications (DEV 401 and DEV 501).
• Experience using Visual Force, Apex and Trigger.
• Experience with relational databases and data warehouse concepts.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Java and Java-Script development.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with data retrieval and integration across multiple platforms.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
• Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks, and significant projects to completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to become proficient in all currently supported application development standards in use at Republic Services.
• Ability to provide assistance with creation and maintenance of development standards in use at Republic Services.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
• High level of proficiency in the programming language or other development tools used in specific area of responsibility.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,