Republic Services Scrum Master in Scottsdale, Arizona
Requisition ID: 28668BR
Job Title: Scrum Master
Division: 2023: Information Technology
Location: 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Scrum Master is a new role within the IT department at Republic Services and requires a high energy individual that will be responsible for providing effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills to support our transition to the agile development process. As an agile expert, the Scrum Master is responsible for enforcing the agile principles as well as removing impediments and promoting empowerment through self-organizing teams.
• Serves as Scrum Master for up to three Agile teams.
• Establishes and upholds Agile values and principles including collaboration, fostering a culture of openness, team self-organization, continuous improvement and flexibility to adapt to emerging business needs.
• Coaches teams on the basics of Scrum and/or Kanban.
• Facilitates Agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
• Establishes Agile backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity and task definitions.
• Focuses teams to deliver value quickly through iterations.
• Coordinates across other Agile and traditional teams for complex projects.
• Escalates and/or resolves impediments to help your team ship code on regular intervals.
• Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress.
• Updates Agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product and Sprint Backlogs in order to measure & monitor against the team’s commitments.
• Facilitates discussions and manages conflict resolution effectively.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Certified Scrum Master (required).
• At least 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master (required).
• At least 3 years of combined technology development experience in a Scrum Master, Project Manager, BA, or Developer role (required).
• At least 3 years of web & mobile technology experience.
• Proven successful experience in leading and driving complex, time critical software development projects.
• Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.