Republic Services Senior Business Analyst in Scottsdale, Arizona
Requisition ID: 26845BR
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Division: 2023: Information Technology
Location: 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Senior Business Analyst analyzes the needs of the Company’s most complex functional business areas within Republic Services providing recommendations on system solutions or procedures. As the liaison between the business and IT department, the Senior Business Analyst ensures that the scope of work requested to enhance or modify existing application processes are clearly documented, communicated and validated. The Senior Business Analyst works closely with IT experts to design, develop, document, test and validate solutions that meet business requirements.
• Serves as the primary liaison and point of contact between IT and the assigned functional business area for routine software development and enhancement projects.
• Coordinates the process of obtaining functional requirements from business stakeholders and subject matter experts utilizing elicitation techniques such as SWOT use case, and process flows diagraming.
• Performs research and analysis for proposed projects to determine feasibility, ROI and durability and presents findings to management.
• Facilitates the development of software solutions and is responsible for the knowledge transfer of software program requirements to the IT Customer Support team throughout the life cycle of a change request or development project.
• Creates detailed documentation of functional, system (non-functional), user and reporting requirements such as Use Cases, Logical Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
• Performs profiling and analysis of data from source systems.
• Maintains a system enhancement request database and coordinates the related application enhancement release schedule.
• Works jointly with IT Managers to create detailed project work plans for software development and enhancement projects.
• Provides support to functional and user acceptance testing groups as part of project implementation.
• Supports quality assurance and control efforts through the use of data analysis as part of pre- and post-implementation reviews for software development projects.
• Coordinates status meetings and produces progress reports.
• Maintains and builds working relationships with software application vendors.
• Instructs, directs, guides, and checks the work of Business Analysts.
• Assists others with creating value propositions (ROI) for proposed projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) for data analysis.
• Business Analysis or Project Management Professional certification.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a lead position providing leadership and mentoring to other Business Analysts.
• Bachelor degree in business administration, information systems, finance, computer science or a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in a business analyst capacity working with business systems on application software development.
• Minimum of 1 year project management/coordination tracking, and organizing business analysis documentation for projects.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Effective communication skills including the ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
• Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Ability to identify the I
information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and skillfully pose questions to draw out pertinent information.
• Ability to access and effectively navigate project systems and technologies.
• Effectively influences without authority and leads change by building trust and credibility.
• Ability to institute change leadership across levels and manage through influence.
• Process and results oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Experience working with web architecture, integration to host systems and related components.
• Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Competent to work on most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Understanding of system modeling using standards such as Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• Strong analytical skills and creative thinking abilities.
• Ability to project plan, monitor and implement projects using timely and cost effective methods.
• Ability to deal with rapid change.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.