Republic Services Senior Front End Developer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Requisition ID: 27004BR
Job Title: Senior Front End Developer
Division: 2023: Information Technology
Location: 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Sr. Front End Developer serves as a lead technical resource on the Digital Development team (Web & Mobile) and participates in all phases of the development life cycle. The Sr. Front End Developer will analyze complex business and technical problems and shape and deliver Republic’s new e-commerce platform. The Sr. Front End Developer analyzes, configures and tunes the front end web application and is considered the subject matter expert on web technologies. The Sr. Front End Developer also enforces software development standards and mentors less experienced developers.
• Leads the development of Republic's next generation of responsive e-commerce web applications.
• Designs and develops new web and content modules that can be re-used throughout the Company.
• Builds web applications that are heavily dependent on APIs.
• Acts in a technical leadership capacity by mentoring less experienced developers and new team members.
• Works cross-functionally with various Republic teams including Integration, QA, Operations, and the Business to drive forward results.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
• In depth understanding of e-commerce and experience in developing highly transactional, mission critical applications.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in software development, information systems, or an equivalent technical environment, including previous experience in leading the development of highly transactional, mission critical applications in environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
• Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operational support.
• Deep understanding of object-oriented programming methodologies.
• Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Exceptional analytical skills.
• Exceptional verbal, written and listening skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and demeanor.
• Advanced proficiency with the following technologies:
o Front end web technologies, including AngularJS, Node, Bootstrap, CSS3 and HTML5
o Web development tools and frameworks, including
- CSS preprocessing, e.g. LESS
- Front end build tools, e.g. Gulp, Grunt
- Front end components, e.g. Bower
- Developer/Build tools, including GIT and Jenkins
- Code analysis tools such as PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs and Sonar.
• Experience consuming RESTful web services.
• Understanding of web performance optimization techniques.
• Experience integrating with Content Management Systems such as Drupal.
• Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS and Heroku.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,