Republic Services Senior Quality Assurance Test Engineer-Enterprise Data in Scottsdale, Arizona
Senior Quality Assurance Test Engineer-Enterprise Data
2023: Information Technology
The Senior QA Test Engineer – Enterprise Data is responsible for leading the end to end quality of projects within the Company’s Enterprise Data organization. The Senior QA Test Engineer – Enterprise Data creates, tests, and plans for both manual and automated testing of complex data structures. This position is responsible for leading the quality aspects of large scale data warehouse, business intelligence reporting, analytics, and data management solutions in a matrixed reporting environment. The Senior QA Test Engineer – Enterprise Data will have experience with ETL solutions (Informatica, Datastage, ect.), Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects, Qlik, Cognos, etc.), and a deep knowledge performing data integration, validation and quality testing for large data oriented project deployments. In addition, this position will work within on/offshore model and work closely with the development team to efficiently deliver quality solutions to production.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
• Provide QA expertise for multiple projects at an enterprise level.
• Act as the liaison for the offshore technical team and the onshore QA testing team.
• Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
• Works with IT project teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for multiple data-centric projects including:
o Establishes, organizes, prioritizes, and executes testing deliverables.
o Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
o Creates testing scripts and executes end to end test scenarios.
o Review team scripts for accuracy and completeness.
o Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
o Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
o Work with automated data validation tools to verify accuracy of project data
o Identifies, collects, analyzes and reports on testing metrics.
o Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 2 years of data test experience with focus on Data Warehouse / ETL testing / Data Analysis experience.
• Minimum of 1 year experience testing for large scale Enterprise Data Implementations.
• Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance and load.
• Experience with ETL solutions such as Informatica, Datastage, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• Experience with the following:
o Business Intelligence and tools (Business Objects, Qlik, Cognos, etc.), Data Visualization, Reporting, and Data Analysis.
o Estimating, Planning, and Executing to project plans.
o Coordinating with Global teams, including managing offshore resources
o Performing data integration, validation, and data quality testing for large data oriented project deployments.
o SQL and Data A.
• Advanced understanding of open source and commercial testing tools such as Jasmine, Protractor, Selenium, SoapUI, HP UFT, and HP ALM.
• Knowledge of Cloud platforms and services such as Amazon, GitHub, Perfecto Mobile, and SauceLabs.