Republic Services Sr Quality Assurance Engineer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Requisition ID: 27601BR
Job Title: Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
Division: 2023: Information Technology
Location: 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Republic Services is developing, growing and expanding and is focused on building innovative technology platforms. The technology transformation at Republic Services is happening right now, and we are seeking the brightest and most talented Information Technology professionals to lead the way in this transformation. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about transforming the way we utilize technology in our industry. Technical expertise and creativity are the key to ensuring that we build the best technology solutions resulting in a superior experience for our customers and employees.
The Senior QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end quality of projects within the Company’s Web, Mobile, and other Application Portfolios. The Senior QA Test Engineer creates, tests, and plans for both manual and automated test frameworks to optimize testing of complex web and mobile applications. The Senior QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile/Scrum methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
• Develops, implements, and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile environment.
• Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and applications such as web services, Tibco services, or other APIs.
• Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
• Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
• Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
• Works with Scrum teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
o Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
o Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
o Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
o Executes end to end test scenarios.
o Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
o Works with Scrum team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
• Ensures software applications meet functional requirements.
• Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
• Records and reports on testing metrics.
• Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems, or related field.
• Experience with HP ALM for test management.
• Experience in Agile using tools such as Rally or Jira.
• Minimum of 5 years of software test experience with focus on web and mobile applications and test automation.
• Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance and load.
• Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API's.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Advanced understanding of open source web frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, Node.js, Express, Selenium, SoapUI, HP UFT, and HP ALM.
• Advanced understanding of web application testing tools such as Selenium, Jasmine, Protractor, and HP UFT.
• Knowledge of Cloud platforms and services such as Amazon, Heroku, Perfecto Mobile, and SauceLabs.
• Excellent analysis and problem solving abilities.
• Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
• Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
• Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks, and significant projects to completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.