Republic Services Systems Engineer in Scottsdale, Arizona
2023: Information Technology
The Systems Engineer is responsible for monitoring, installing, configuring and maintaining infrastructure software. The Systems Engineer develops and follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations involving complex infrastructure problems as well as develops and promotes standard operating procedures and policies for the operating platform(s) in their area of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field. • Certifications for Citrix XenApp, Citrix PVS, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Linux, ITIL, and/or project management.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
• Identifies and installs system software purchases in accordance with Company policy. • Administers and maintains at least one complex operating system environment in compliance with all standards. • Has working knowledge of and may provide system support for at least one other technical platform (operating system or middleware service). • Monitors and performs data integrity, backup/restore, capacity planning, and disaster recovery procedures on assigned platform(s). • Provides Tier 2 and 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support. • Assists in the development of project plans for all system software upgrades. • Maintains and manages strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services. • Ensures that assets are responsibly maintained, inventoried and/or disposed of properly. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or GED. • Minimum of 3 years of experience providing high level, hands-on technical support of infrastructure software platform(s).
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others. • Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner. • Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments and tasks to completion with minimal supervision. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment. • Proficient in all currently supported technology standards in use at Republic Services. • Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).