Republic Services Senior Manager Recycling in Seattle, Washington
Requisition ID: 28694BR
Job Title: Senior Manager Recycling
Division: 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: 53211: Seattle-2733 3Rd Ave S
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Senior Manager, Recycling manages and oversees complex recycling operations and analytical support for the Recycling group. The Senior Manager, Recycling is responsible for profitable recycling prioritization and development; functional standardization and optimization; return analysis; policy and procedure development and support; and implementation of recycling initiatives and customer solutions that support the organization’s strategy.
• Develops and manages field recycling activities and ensures operational alignment through the consideration and foresight of available technological advances, industry and customer trends and behaviors, organizational talent, capital resources and waste stream value.
• Updates, identifies and participates in implementation of best practices for diversion development; works with operations and maintenance in development of durable standards.
• Responsible for continuous improvements, including operational standardization of design specifications and procedures within the recycling operations.
• Manages and conducts efficiency, safety and operational field audits to ensure facility standards of operations; reviews findings and results with Division and Area management.
• Ensures and enforces rebate structure and benchmarks productivity in Recycle Centers to align with Company standards and compliance through operational site visits.
• Collaborates with all levels of Recycle Center management to implement operations goals.
• Trains Recycle Center operational employees in safety, compliance, benchmarking, tracking systems and operational efficiencies.
• Identifies equipment needs and capital spending requirements; recommends purchases to Director, Post Collections & Recycling. Works closely with Procurement on evaluation of recovery system purchases; formulates clear recommendations to Area and Divisional teams on recovery equipment systems and purchases.
• Develops equipment and safety standards for processing manufacturers and audits those standards to support. Holds equipment manufacturers accountable for equipment function standards.
• Applies knowledge of new processing equipment technology to system designs.
• Manages operational development and implementation of financial performance and productivity tools, standards and metrics for recycling operations.
• Travels domestically up to 70% of the time.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. (Required).
• Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, or related field.
• A demonstrated knowledge of recycling operations management gained through a minimum of 5 years of related waste industry experience with an emphasis in recycling systems and design, processing and manufacturing systems and/or recycling materials marketing. (Required).
• Experience in managing a budget, including P & L responsibility.
• Prior experience in a business role with responsibility for start-up operations, execution, change management and/or increasing efficiencies for newly implemented operations, processes or standards.
• Demonstrated success in the implementation of a process-oriented culture that is focused on best practices and continuously improving operational standards/results.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.