Republic Services Manager Municipal Services in Shreveport, Louisiana
Requisition ID: 28674BR
Job Title: Manager Municipal Services
Division: 4975: AWS - Shreveport
Location: 22211: Shreveport-6896 Industrial Lo
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Municipal Services Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the division sales strategy for contract extensions, new business and re-bid of municipal hauling and homeowner association sales opportunities to ensure growth, retention, and quality of revenue in the division / area. The Municipal Services Manager also prospects, sells, and participates in account management and retention activities to ensure the long term targeted, profitable sales growth of municipal hauling and homeowners’ association business, as well as participates in and manages the government affairs activities in the assigned division.
• Prospects, sells and proactively manages the business relationship within an assigned division for the municipal market. Negotiates pricing and contracts, including contract extensions, as appropriate. Ensures that all approved contract terms are met.
• Attends bid conferences as necessary. Prepares and delivers responses to RFP’s and bids, as well as, sales presentations and follows up directly with key decision-makers.
• Develops and implements comprehensive account plans (sales, marketing and service programs/strategies) to achieve annual sales and profit objectives within the assigned territory. Involves the Area President and/or General Manager in sales and government relation’s activities as needed.
• Meets regularly with key decision-makers within assigned municipalities, state and federal agencies to enhance the company’s position and continuously bring value-added services to the relationship.
• Conducts on-site client reviews continually to ensure that quality service is effectively delivered, documents deficiencies and effectively recommends corrective action to operations team as appropriate.
• Maintains an awareness of market dynamics and competitors’ activity in areas where the company conducts business. Attends industry trade shows and participates in local or state industry associations and trade groups. Develops/implements approved strategies and activities to increase account penetration & satisfaction to ensure profitable client retention.
• Meets with operations management as appropriate to coordinate sales, surveys, and service efforts for assigned accounts/territory. Must be politically astute in daily dealings with client family.
• Meets with Pricing & Corporate Development teams, as appropriate, to coordinate proforma development for new and re-bid accounts and may assist in the collection and/or accounting adjustments with delinquent accounts.
• May seek out and coordinate development of new solid waste infrastructure projects and manages projects through the development cycle and conclusion, working in coordination with Corporate Development.
• Prepares and maintains all sales documentation (Blue sheets, Sales Funnel, Client Profile, etc.) by populating and maintaining the CRMS system on a weekly basis.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field.
• Sales or customer relationship experience, especially in a governmental sales environment.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. certification
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in long term sales cycle activity and customer contact position.
• A valid driver’s license.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of all facets of sales strategy and implementation including market research, customer prospecting, sales promotion and customer retention strategies. Will be required to complete municipal sales training programs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,