Republic Services Environmental Manager in Sylmar, California
Requisition ID: 27689BR
Job Title: Environmental Manager
Division: 5123: Sunshine Canyon Landfill
Location: 06234: Sylmar-14747 San Fernando Rd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Environmental Manager is responsible for the preparation of the Landfill budget, managing all spending for the Engineering department, and overseeing consultants and contractors during site development. The Environmental Manager is also responsible for permitting and ensuring the Landfill remains in compliance with all applicable regulations during operation.
• Manages construction projects for Landfill cells and sites, including capacity calculations, scheduling/timeline, management of third-party CQA and contractors, and resource and material coordination.
• Prepares Landfill construction and ongoing operational budgets.
• Maintain financial responsibility for construction/cell development, closure/post-closure, engineering, operations, and cost tracking.
• Coordinates completion of permit applications and designs, including regulatory interface, site expansion, modification or changes to the operating plan application, and other related data.
• Prepares notifications/responses to regulatory inspections, administrative warnings.
• Assists Landfill and Site Managers with development of fill sequencing plans.
• Participates in review of targeted acquisitions, including Phase I assessment/property survey coordination, engineering review of design and operations, and pro-forma modeling assistance.
• Performs ongoing public relations and due diligence activities through communication with corporate office, regulatory agency representatives, third party consultants and investors.
• Completes monthly soil tracking reports and other status reports.
• Regularly supervises Environmental Technicians and Specialists, including responsibility for hiring, training, mentoring, developing, scheduling, directing, managing performance and other related issues; review the work of, and is accountable for the performance of Environmental Technicians and Specialists.
• Attends regulatory and association sponsored informational and policy meetings.
• Ensures continued compliance by coordinating air, water monitoring, environmental data review and reporting.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Certified Professional Engineer and/or Certified Professional Geologist designation.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Geology, Biology or related science.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations relating to air, water, solid waste, and material recovery/recycling.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers, vendors and government agency representatives.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to the Company.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.