Republic Services Fleet Maintenance Manager in Telford, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 27804BR
Job Title: Fleet Maintenance Manager
Division: 4320: AWS - Bucks-Mont
Location: 42215: Telford-731 E Reliance Rd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
The Business Unit Fleet Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing up to 5+ maintenance shops and managing multiple teams of technicians (mechanics), maintenance supervisors and/or other maintenance managers who are responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of a fleet of vehicles up to 91+ trucks (diesel and alternate fuel) machinery that supports approximately 3 post collection facilities, approximately and 3 container shops. The Business Unit Fleet Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing direction at his or her own shop, and indirectly through multiple maintenance supervisors or other maintenance managers, to a group of technicians and for implementing and monitoring maintenance policies and procedures to ensure that all repairs and maintenance to Republic Services’ equipment, including trucks, containers and other heavy duty equipment, are performed in compliance with the Company’s safety and compliance standards, and in compliance with all federal and state regulations. The Business Unit Fleet Maintenance Manager is responsible for multiple sites’ coordination, planning and scheduling of maintenance to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity within the shops.
• Provide direction to on-site technicians and technician supervisor, and leadership and direction to maintenance supervisors or maintenance managers, to ensure that all repair/ maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner, reallocating resources among sites as appropriate. Oversee coordination, planning/ scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity, while effectively managing department’s overtime. Monitor shops’ operational performance and efficiency; take action to redirect activities appropriately. Report to management on shops’ performance; implement procedures for process/programmatic changes for improvement or efficiencies.
• Manage maintenance supervisors/managers, including overseeing daily shop huddles; fleet walk-arounds; coaching and counseling lead technician and maintenance supervisor(s)/managers on performance and corrective action, when necessary; make hiring/ termination decisions in concert with Human Resources and appropriate management; oversee employee training and performance evaluations; evaluate, recommend and approve supervisor recommendations for merit increase, promotion and job changes , as appropriate.
• Maintain an on-going preventive maintenance program for all shops within geographic responsibility. Identify trends in road calls, break downs; oversees maintenance of building and other facility on site; control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs.
• Perform inspections of outside repairs and maintenance to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations; follow up where appropriate. Identify training opportunities and, as necessary, document issues and constructively discuss corrective action, as needed, with maintenance supervisor.
• Accountable for scheduled Quality Control Inspections, track issues and resolution to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations.
• Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems of heavy equipment and vehicles used by Company to ensure ability to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions, on site and on road, including:
o Advanced engine chassis repair and maintenance;
o Advanced knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to maintain and repair vehicles in a timely and safe manner;
o Advanced knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to effectively diagnose and repair complex heating and cooling systems in vehicles in a timely and safe manner; and
o Advance knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure equipment is back in an operable condition as quickly and as safely as possible.
• Manage related management and administrative matters for team, including payroll, maintenance of employee records, records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed, recording of all information into Dossier Maintenance Software, prepare and submit budget for approval, set departmental goals to align with targets and performance objectives established by division’s leadership.
• Requires travel.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• At least 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor for a large fleet of vehicles or multiple site locations requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out; and OSHA Fire Protection regulations. (Required)
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Associate’s Degree.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• ASE T4 Brakes.
• ASE T5 Suspension and Steering.
• ASE T6 Electrical/Electronic.
• ASE T8 PMI.
• ASE T2 Diesel Engine.
• ASE T Master Certified.
• Certified Automotive Fleet Management (CAFM) Financial Systems, CAFM Risk Management, CAFM Information Management, CAFM Asset Management, CAFM Vehicle Fuel Management or experience with/knowledge of similar technology.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.