Republic Services Roll Off Truck Driver Industrl- Class A/ Class B- CDL in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
Requisition ID: 28783BR
Job Title: Roll Off Truck Driver Industrl- Class A/ Class B- CDL
Division: 4095: AWS - Tyngsboro
Location: 25212: Tyngsboro-385 Dunstable Rd
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
An Industrial/Roll-off Lead Driver is responsible for overseeing a group of drivers to ensure complete route coverage, prompt and courteous customer service and also safely operates a roll-off truck and/or a straight tractor truck to provide complete waste removal services for industrial customers on a designated route. In addition, the Industrial/Roll-off Lead Driver is also responsible for the prompt and courteous delivery and removal of containers. The Industrial/Roll-off Lead Driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (“VCRs”) on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner. The Industrial/Roll-off Lead Driver assists the Route Supervisor and/or Operations Manager in completing daily operations goals and training new drivers on proper safety and driving techniques.
• Oversees a group of drivers on a daily basis to ensure routes are being serviced in a timely manner; reports down time or other concerns to appropriate management; assists in planning and execution of re-routes to maximize efficiency; assists in the training of new drivers.
• Performs complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
• Safely operates his or her heavy diesel and/or alternative fuel trucks along designated route and to the disposal site; reads route sheet, follows map and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
• Operates manual and/or automatic controls and packing and discharge cylinder mechanisms in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operates compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
• Tarps containers and secures container to rails while wearing required personal protective equipment.
• Courteously interacts with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
• Identifies unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
• Continuously monitors waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
• Cleans area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
• Continuously monitors the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip.
• Completes required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.
• Maintains adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
• May be required to perform minor repairs on containers in the yard.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in the Company’s ReSOP program.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 3 years of prior experience driving industrial/roll-off trucks.
• Minimum of 1 year in a lead role.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to be able to do perform minor repairs to containers.
• Class A commercial driver’s license.
• Valid Class B or higher commercial driver’s license with air brakes endorsement.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.