Republic Services 2nd Shift Fleet Maintenance Supervisor in Wheeling, West Virginia
2nd Shift Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
4384: AWS - Wheeling
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a maintenance shop that is under the umbrella responsibility of an on-site Maintenance Manager. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising a technician (mechanic) team responsible for preventive maintenance/repair of a fleet; machinery that supports a post-collection facility; repair/maintenance of equipment that services the container shop; and providing direction to technicians to ensure that all repairs/maintenance to equipment (trucks -- diesel and alternate fuel, containers and other heavy duty equipment) are performed in compliance with Company safety and compliance standards, and with all federal and state regulations. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and scheduling repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. • Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification T3 Drive. • ASE T4 Brake. • ASE T5 Suspension and Steering. • ASE T6 Electrical/Electronic. • ASE T7 HVAC Systems. • ASE T2 Diesel Engine. • ASE T Master Certified. • Certified Automotive Fleet Management (CAFM) Financial Systems, CAFM Risk Management and CAFM Information Management or experience with/knowledge of similar technology. • Commercial Driver’s License.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
54001: Wheeling - 857 Republic Way
• Provide direction to A, B and C level, and lead technicians assigned to work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Oversee planning and scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity. Monitor operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activities appropriately. Report to management on performance; make recommendations for process/programmatic changes for improvement or efficiencies. • Supervise technicians in maintenance shop, including such responsibilities as conducting daily shop huddles; fleet walks; coaching/counseling lead technician and all technician levels on performance/corrective action, when necessary; make hiring/termination decisions in concert with Human Resources and appropriate management; conduct employee training and performance evaluations; evaluate and make recommendations for merit increase, promotion and job changes, as appropriate. • Perform inspections of outside repairs to ensure all work was properly completed in accordance with Company’s safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations; follow up where appropriate. Identify training opportunities and, as necessary, document issues and constructively discuss corrective action, as needed, with technician. • Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and resolution to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company’s safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations. • Oversee repair diagnostics on more complex matters and provide coaching, where necessary; may be required to road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs. • Oversee maintenance shop inventory control system to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained and purchases are within budget. Review and approve expenses that are within scope of approval level; refer larger expenses or major repairs to manager as appropriate. • Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions on heavy equipment and vehicles used by Company, on site and on the road, including: o Engine chassis repair and maintenance; o Knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to maintain and repair vehicles in a timely and safe manner; o Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to effectively diagnose and repair complex heating and cooling systems in vehicles in a timely and safe manner; and o Knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure equipment is back in an operable condition as quickly and as safely as possible. • Manage related administrative matters for team, including payroll, maintenance of employee records, records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed, recording of all information into Dossier Maintenance Software, prepare and submit budget for approval, set departmental goals to align with targets and performance objectives established by division’s leadership. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in maintenance working with heavy equipment. • Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a lead technician role, supervisor or other management role requiring a thorough knowledge of safe working practices, DOT, OSHA and other federal and state regulations.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office knowledge. • Root cause problem solving. • Effective communications skills. • Strong customer service orientation. • Organizational skills. • Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).