Republic Services Customer Service Rep in Woodburn, Oregon
Requisition ID: 27493BR
Job Title: Customer Service Rep
Division: 4456: AWS - Marion County
Location: 41217: Woodburn-2215 N Front St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
With general direction and knowledge of Company services and processes, the Customer Service Representative I is responsible for processing and resolving customer service requests in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provides timely and accurate solutions for customer service requests, while demonstrating a high level of empathy, professionalism and respect.
• Responds primarily to inbound calls and, as needed, initiates outbound calls to resolve customer service inquiries.
• Inputs standard customer requests into Company systems.
• Effectively responds to initial customer requests and may involve cross-functional assistance to resolve issues.
• Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into Company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Enters service and route data into computer for billing and route scheduling purposes.
• Exemplifies high levels of quality, productivity and efficiency in a manner consistent with continuous quality improvement.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Knowledge of the waste management industry.
• Experience using bilingual skills in a business environment.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a call center or other customer service related environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong problem resolution skills.
• Able to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, including researching and providing solutions.
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to remain focused during situations in which customers may be frustrated.
• Good typing and data entry skills.
• Proficient reading and math skills.
• Strong work ethic.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.