Republic Services Territory Representative - Commercial/Industrial in Yorktown, Virginia
Requisition ID: 28798BR
Job Title: Territory Representative - Commercial/Industrial
Division: 4957: AWS - Williamsburg-Yorktown
Location: 51212: Yorktown-124 Greene Dr
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Within an assigned market that is typically outside of a metropolitan area, the Territory Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling commercial, industrial and recycling services to new customers. The Territory Representative is also responsible for building, maintaining and growing long-term relationships with existing clients to grow the revenue base and meet and exceed the monthly targeted revenue growth objectives in support of the Company’s overall goals and objectives. The Territory Representative meets regularly with prospective and existing clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision makers and sell all services, as appropriate.
• Identify viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new, profitable commercial and industrial business to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals.
• Utilize the Company’s Contact Relationship Management (“CRM”) tool on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting all activities, and develop robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate the acquisitions of new customers.
• Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
• Conduct customer proactive retention calls.
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations to grow existing client base; follow up with key decision makers to assure contracts are renewed in a timely and price efficient manner.
• Establish long-term relationships with existing clients to grow revenue base in support of Company’s targeted profitable growth objectives.
• Proactively communicate with, or respond to, customers in conjunction with the Company’s pricing initiatives.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offer additional services to existing commercial and industrial clients, as appropriate, to grow targeted revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Meet regularly with Sales Manager or General Manager, as appropriate to review weekly sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
• Track all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
• Conducts proactive customer retention calls.
• Build relationships and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Act as a company representative at community events, where required.
• Complete all required Customer Service Agreement (“CSA”), CRM entries and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Respond to service cancellation calls; ensure compliance with escalation policy.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree is desired.
• Two years of direct selling experience.
• High School diploma or GED.
• One year of experience in a customer-facing role that includes identifying and addressing customer needs.
• Valid driver’s license.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Good written and verbal presentation skills.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.